kara's kitchen 101

new recipes, old recipes, and my thoughts...

Friday, April 16, 2010

Bagelheads Coleslaw

I love the coleslaw at Bagelheads here in Pensacola, so I'm going to try to make it myself at home! Tonight we're having Teryaki Chicken, Bourbon Baked Beans (Bush's!), and Bagelheads slaw... If you have my cookbook, you have the recipe for the chicken already, so here is the coleslaw:

1 pound cabbage, finely shredded
2 (3-ounce) packages ramen noodles, any flavor
1 (2-ounce) package slivered almonds
1/4 cup butter
1 cup vinegar
1 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 green onions, chopped

Remove seasoning packets from noodles and set packets aside. Crumble noodles in package. In a skillet over medium heat, cook noodles and almonds in butter until lightly browned; set aside.
For dressing, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, soy sauce and seasoning packets from noodles in a jar; put lid on and shake well to blend. Refrigerate dressing.
Immediately before serving, toss together noodle mixture, dressing, onion and cole slaw.

So good! Call me if you have questions about this post or if you have a better recipe!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We had bagel heads in tallahassee but they closed. I have been trying to find their chicken salad supreme sandwich recipe to no avail. Do you have it in your cookbook?

Grannys_3_babies_ekj said...

Ohhhhh my goodness, I haven't had Bagelheads since 2010! I am adding some preshredded cabbage to my Walmart order today and it's on!! So excited! The asiago-go-go (large) and slaw was my go to for years while working at a hospital nearby. Can't wait to try your variation. Honestly I didn't know they were still in business. Thank you!