kara's kitchen 101

new recipes, old recipes, and my thoughts...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Strawberry Salad

My friend, Kristin, asked me to post this one and send it to her. We had this on a picnic on the hill at SBTS. Miss you my friend! :) Hope you make it and think of me!

12 ozs. fresh spinach leaves
1 qt. fresh strawberries- hulled, quartered
2 tsp. sesame seeds
1/2 c. pecans, almonds, or walnuts
1/2 c. veg. oil
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. distilled vinegar
1 1/2 grated onion
1/4 tsp. worchestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. paprika
1 can mandarin orange slices
- wash/drain spinach, then squeeze dry between layers of paper towels; tear into bite-sized pieces
- toss together spinach, strawberries, orange slices, sesame seeds and walnuts in a large bowl; set aside
- in a separate bowl, beat together oil, sugar, vinegar, onion, worchestershire sauce, and paprika
- pour prepared dressing over salad and toss to coat
- serve immediately

No comments: